Update from The Link Family Resource Center
Our mission at The Link Family Resource Center is to foster a safe, healthy, and thriving community by linking children, youth, and families with programs and services to address their unique needs. Our programs remain operational and we are committed to serving families in our community during this unusual time.
The Link Family Advocates are working remotely while schools are closed and in communication with families, school staff and our community partners. We continue to work closely with family support organizations in SLO County to provide resources to families in need and help mitigate the stressors that put children at risk for abuse and neglect. All families, especially those in vulnerable social and economic situations, need our support now.
Please stay informed and connected:
California Launches New Comprehensive, Consumer-Friendly Website and Public Service Announcements to Boost COVID-19 Awareness. More information here.
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 the Emergency Services Director for San Luis Obispo County issued a Shelter at Home Order for the County of San Luis Obispo. This order takes effect on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- News Release – Executive Order for Shelter at Home Order – English Version
- News Release – Executive Order for Shelter at Home Order – Spanish Version
National Health Information: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Local Health and Safety Information: San Luis Obispo County Public Health Department
Food delivery support for seniors, disabled individuals, those with health issues that cannot leave their home, and mental health resources: Food Delivery Resources & Mental Health Support
Link Family Resource Center Staff
- Please contact a Family Advocate (see below) if you need assistance navigating resources, and/or have questions about Medi-Cal, Public Charge and Family Earnings. Download Link Family Advocate Chart here.
Family Support Resources:
- Please check with your School District website for accurate information about closures in your community.
- Free meals for children 0 – 18 in SLO County. Drive through location information in English and Spanish. https://www.slofoodbank.org/food-locator/
- Free Internet for families. Charter-Spectrum is offering free access to broadband and WiFi services to households with students who do not already have the services. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. For More Information visit the following website:
- Pregnancy & Parenting Support of SLO County serves families with children 0 – 2 years old and is open by appointment only. Call the office at 805-541-3367, leave a message and they will call back to schedule an appointment. Supplies available include diapers, wipes, formula, infant and toddler clothing and more.
Our COVID-19 message on The Link website will be updated as new information emerges. Please check our website and follow us on Facebook to gain access to current resources and information for children and families.
Guided by the recommendations of the WHO, CDC and the SLO County Public Health Department, The Link will remain updated on information related to COVID-19 in order to make informed decisions about how we can keep our community safe, healthy and supported.
Thank you for your ongoing support for The Link Family Resource Center and, our dedicated Family Advocates, and all the families we serve in San Luis Obispo County. Together we ensure that strong, healthy families are a community priority.
Lisa Fraser, Executive Director
The Link Family Resource Center